Monday, August 28, 2017

So it begins....

Here we are the beginning of the semester and who knew the summer would fly by so quickly. But, it's back again and time to buckle down and put our minds to work for another semester. Creating the GMail account and setting up a Blog through Google wasn't difficult at all! It was a few simple steps that took sometime but was pretty basic. I have never had a blog so I didn't really know what to expect but here we are.

I can't lie I was kind of nervous taking an Art Inquiry class because in reality "what do I know about art?" The answer is not much. I am hoping to learn in this class how to really appreciate art and find the meaning in a painting or a sculpture and see it how the artist must've envisioned it when he/she created it. Art has become so unappreciated in today's society due to electronics and the internet.  I really hope to learn more about art and enjoy the beauty that have become paintings and sculptures.

Now I  have taken online course in my time in college. I am a junior who has taken classes at other colleges and spent the first two year of my time at Western Connecticut State University. I don't mind online classes because I am good with working and scheduling. I like the idea of being able to have my education in my own hands and be able to teach myself. Yes, sometime things are difficult but it  builds my brain by being able to overcome the difficulty on my own. I like a challenge and I definitely think this will be a challenge. I thrive when I am challenged.

From the mindset videos, what I believe applies to me is the fact that I am involved in school sports, I work part-time paying for my education, and I am a full-time commuting student. I have become great at time management skills over the last few years and prioritizing. Being able to manage my time is what has gotten me through the last two years of college and allowed me to be on the dean's list every semester. I work hard and my goal is to challenge myself in everything I do. I want to make myself better and be better than I was the semester before. What is the point of going to school if you are just going to take the easiest classes? Exactly, there is no point. I dedicate myself to my school work and whatever I set my mind too.

No comments:

Post a Comment