I loved being able to create the exhibit. At first it was difficult to think of what I wanted to create an entire art exhibit on. But, after googling a few ideas one of the things that popped up was creating something about a natural wonder or a local landmark. I automatically thought of Letchworth State Park. We are so lucky to live so close to this natural wonder of the world that most people will never get to see. But, we take advantage of this opportunity and don't cherish the beauty that comes from it.
No, this wasn't easy because finding pictures that truly did the natural wonder justice was difficult and I struggle with selecting the perfect ones. Plus, I wasn't sure what the theme was going to be other than Letchworth. But, I decided it was going to be showing the serenity and calmness that can come from being alone and experiencing something beautiful. We don't put down our electronics or put aside our lives enough to see what we are really missing out on. I loved this project and once I got started it was hard to stop. It did take me two hours to complete the whole thing especially with having to analyze and interpret each piece. But, I think it opened my eyes. I chose the background I did because it doesn't take a way from the color of the pictures. It actually helps emphasize the colors I am trying to portray. I loved the light brown and the bold dark lettering. It all just comes together and I think if I was to actually create this exhibit in a gallery it would be amazing. I have never understood art and truly appreciated it until I was expose d to this class.
No comments:
Post a Comment