Friday, December 8, 2017

Reflections of this course....

My expectations for this class were definitely met. My main goal was to learn about art and get some more experience with it. I have never had any experience with it and have only gone to a few museums, but have never really looked in depth at the pieces I was looking at. I didn't expect this much work coming in, but the work wasn't difficult it was just stuff you had to put sometime into to be able to finish and get a good grade.

After going through this course, I would define art as a creative piece that is used to entertain and connect an emotion with the viewer. The idea is to portray what is going on in the artist's life, mind, or the world at the point in time, but it is up to them to be able to evaluate it any way you need to. Art isn't just something that hangs on a wall. It can be something we see everyday like an advertisement for a store or a billboard that is placed on the side of the road. Art is a lot more than a simple response.

In my first response I didn't really have a favorite artist because I wasn't very into art and didn't really know much about it. I think if you were to ask me today I couldn't pick a favorite artist, not because I don't know anyone, but because every artist is different and shows something different through their art. Not every artist is going to paint the same way and paint for the same reasons, I don't think I have a favorite anymore because there are still so many to choose from.

My answer in regard to taking an online class is still the same. I have taken online classes before and I wasn't concerned with how it was going to go because the work is a lot and you have to make sure you are prepared to do it and do it on time. I am a very organized and time management person so these classes are difficult for me. I have considered using the extension policy, but I had never had to use it for this class and although it would've been nice to have, I was able to finish everything on time with the best of my ability and maintain a great grade. I still have the same opinion about online classes, They are far from easy, but just like a regular class I was able to learn a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment