Friday, September 22, 2017

Exploration #1





 Exploring this idea of color and the way colors work was interesting. In completing this project I originally had thought how easy this was going to be. But, when I started and realized that I was learning something new that I was taught wrong my whole life it became difficult. I know personally I had a hard time creating the blue between mixing magenta and cyan. That was difficult for me and it may have been the colors or the amount of each  I was using but I couldn't get away from the purple. So, instead of sitting and spending more time than I already had and pulling my hair out figured it would be a good observation to talk about and explore in my reflection. 

I think I enjoyed working with the charcoal the best on the value scale. It was difficult to create the different shades of colors, but it was intriguing that so many colors can come from just one color. You don't realize that with the different amounts of pressure and strokes you can create anywhere from black to white. I did enjoy the paints because what kid doesn't like painting, but I  think the fact that my colors were off made it harder for me to enjoy what I was doing. I didn't see it transform as I wish I would've. 

The most important discovery with the creation of these studies was that colors are endless. One can create colors from other colors and so on and so forth. It also laid ground for the art world, mixing colors and layering them in ways that you can use one medium in various ways. Artists didn't have to stick with certain colors with painting. They had their own ability to create colors that they needed or were intrigued in using. It just opened up many doors for artists around that time and laid a framework for the future. 

The thing I learned from the videos in this project was the primary colors. Although extremely simple information, I have always been taught that the primary colors are red, yellow, and blue. That is what every child is taught in elementary art class and keeps with them until they are old and grey. To learn at this point in my life that those aren't the primary colors was pretty shocking for me. The primary colors are actually cyan, magenta, and yellow and the secondary colors are red, blue, and green.  Who knew that what I had known as primary colors would be the secondary colors. I was just extremely eye opening! I liked the videos in this module because they were shorter and they got right to the point they were trying to make and put forth. It was good. I think I got more out of these videos then I have the other ones just because it was easier to focus. 



No comments:

Post a Comment