Saturday, September 30, 2017

Logo it...


In my process of creating the logo it was fun trying to figure out what truly represents me. But, as a college student I already know what I love to do and where my love has lied for a long time. Softball is the one thing that I have always counted on for a release and it is one thing that truly defines who I am. I work hard and dedicate most my time to making myself the best athlete I can possibly be at this time in my life. What else do I really have to worry about other than my education right now? I will never have this opportunity. So, I thought creating the logo was interesting trying to narrow it down to certain things that show who I am and at a glance you could tell that it is me. 

The process I used, well that is similar to what I talked about earlier. I first tried to figure out what truly represented me and I knew it would have something to do with softball, but I am not just softball I also have my brain and education that stand out among other things. Then, I just had to figure out which direction I wanted to take it. I know that I needed to be able to show who I was through a quick picture and I think if someone was to look at the logo I created they would realize that it was me and describes who I am. The next thing I did was just start drawing, which is what they say is the way to write (free writing). It is a way to get ideas flowing and see what direction you want to go. 

The most important discovery I made while creating my logo was that I am not just softball or just education. I am a lot of things. I am a special girl who has come a long way in life and my path hasn't been the easiest, but I am not just one thing. I am more than that and when they say "substance over beauty" well I think I got lucky in both departments even though I am not exactly your Victoria Secret Supermodel, I am not ugly either. I am not going to lie that the biggest discovery I had made was about myself and not necessarily about art, but I think this goes to show that when an artist is creating something they learn more about themselves and who they are. 

The videos and powerpoint were interesting because a lot of it was stuff that I have learned in my marketing and business classes. I want to go into advertising and that is why this necessarily wasn't a difficult assignment for me. I loved being creative and being on the business end of things. The videos actually talked about how a logo has to be universal meaning it has to be able to be used on letterhead, a website, business card, or even a napkin, if need be. But, it has to make sense and show some type of image that portrays the business. I thought that was interesting to think about because when you look at Nike that swish is EVERYWHERE! You can put that swish anywhere and everyone knows what it means, "Just do it!" That is what intrigued me the most was that you really need something that can be used on any surface and any medium. 

No comments:

Post a Comment