Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Reviewing Art Work...

Click here for BLOG #1
Click here for BLOG #2

For the most part while looking at their blogs I agreed with their choices for elements and principles. There may have been a few that I may have labeled them something different, but that is just because I have a different eye than they each do. For example, I may have choose a different one for color for the second blog that I looked at. But, it is all based on the artists perspective I can't tell them that theirs' is right or wrong. I think that's what awesome about art, you can't tell someone what something should be or is. It is all based on the perspective form the viewer and the artist.

For the blogs, neither of them chose images I had used in my posting. I did noticed though that there were some images that when I was in the museum I had felt a connection with just not as much as I did with the one's I ended up choosing. One that I remember was the Medium Rare painting that was mentioned in the second blog. She talked about how she was curious about how the artist would have created it with being paralyzed and how it intrigued her to think that he was able to create such an intricate piece. That was the same thing that intrigued me about that piece as well. I loved it, but it didn't connect with me as much as the ones I had picked.

Some of the images they posted that I didn't see piqued my interest as well. The piece that was painting of Niagara Falls was beautiful and really captured the beauty and essence that you feel when you are there. I know this piece is in Albright Knox because it is located in Buffalo, but I feel like this should be located in another museum not close to here so people can see the beauty behind nature and everything it has to offer. I truly think this is a piece that could truly make an impact. Another one I thought was interesting was the projection that was put together through IPAD images. It mainly grabbed my attention because of how it was created. It was more modern than most art that you see, but I would love to see how she created it and how that idea came about. I would have so many questions if I could sit down with the artist.

Looking at other's blogs was actually intriguing and helped me. It gave me some different perspectives on pieces that others also looked at. It also allowed me to be able to really see where everyone else is coming from in regards to work. We are all going to think differently because we aren't all art majors and we are not the same people, but I have realized that is the beauty of art. You don't have to be an art wizard to really be into art or have a passion for it. I have established a new vision or art in just the last month and a half with this class. I have loved it and learned a lot in such a short period of time. I am learning a lot not just from the work, but also gaining a lot from my peers.

I haven't received any comments yet on my work, but I am excited to see what they have to say when I finally do get some. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment